Sunday, November 06, 2005

My 20 favorite films of the 1950's

1. Los Olvidados (Bunuel)
2. Ikiru (Kurosawa)
3. Tokyo Story (Ozu)
4. The Night of the Hunter (Laughton)
5. Sunset Blvd. (Wilder)
6. The Seven Samurai (Kurosawa)
7. Umberto D (De Sica)
8. The 400 Blows (Truffaut)
9. I Live in Fear (Kurosawa)
10. Wild Strawberries (Bergman)
11. Ugetsu (Mizoguchi)
12. The Cranes are Flying (Kalatozishvili)
13. El (Bunuel)
14. The Seventh Seal (Bergman)
15. Paths of Glory (Kubrick)
16. Night and Fog (Resnais)
17. Throne of Blood (Kurosawa)
18. All About Eve (Mankiewicz)
19. Animal Farm (Batchelor/Halas)
20. 12 Angry Men (Lumet)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight I watched Sunset Blvd. for the first time. How great is Gloria Swanson...just the right amount of crazy leading up to the meltdown. The ending reminded me of Streetcar Named Desire (one of my favorites). In each case a sympathetic figure is helping a disturbed woman make an exit with some dignity by helping her maintain her delusions. I really like the look of the film also (sets, costumes, unusual camera angles, etc.)

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home